Tuesday, February 4, 2014

I am just deciding now to slow down and be joyful. We had a really rough week. Lots of cancellations, mental and emotional stress, opposition from every corner. But hey, that's life. How can you appreciate the good times without the bad? How can you know if you would be happy through your trials if you aren't going through any trials? How can you conquer anything if there is nothing to conquer?

I'll tell you: you can't! But guess what? That doesn't mean you have to be sad or discouraged. Maybe for a second but you can change that! I am learning to be myself no matter what the situation is, because of the perspective I am gaining. Some missionaries come out and become 'robots' where they are in a routine and are all business, but they end up just being in a weird state of being for two years and then go home and go right back to how they were before. That's not what I am here to do. I came to have fun, to be me, to be happier and more enthusiastic, to find more peace and joy than I ever have by helping people come to a knowledge of the Gospel! I have come not to temporarily change what I do for 2 years, but to build off of my strengths and get rid of my weaknesses! Permanently!

I know I won't be able to do that all in 2 years, but I am getting support and have come a long way, and I know I am going somewhere with that. I am finding joy in the little things again :) my goofy, dry sense of humor is coming back (yes it was gone for a while), and most of all, I am coming to love everyone I get to serve and serve with, especially my Savior.

Heck, I never thought I would say this, but I LOVE reading. I absolutely love it! Reading the Book of Mormon that is haha. I don't know about other books because I still don't like reading them. But I read all of 2 Nephi in under an hour this morning. And got a lot out of/understood all of what I read. How does that happen? I got through high school without reading a single entire book front to back haha. I read a few pages here and there, but I didn't like reading that much that I was able to get through high school (and last year at KU) without reading an entire book. How is that possible? What has changed?

Nothing! Nothing has changed. I am still the same person. But I have a new light and fire. I hope yall can recognize it when I get back.

Anyways, we didn't find any new investigators this week, but we found 3 last week and couple before that, so we have been working with them and trying to find more! Many people have told me that this area is hard to find in, that the people are comfortable and stubborn and don't want to listen, and that there are not often baptisms, let alone new investigators, and that we don't end up teaching much. I want all of you to know that I don't believe any of that. The Lord will do His work wherever He wants it done, wherever there are His worthy servants doing all they can. So if that attitude ever develops in the Rocklin 1st ward or wherever you are, don't let it. I can guarantee that there are families in every part of the world that are just waiting to hear the gospel. You know them! We all do. They need it, and we need to invite them to learn more about it!
 Just do it! There's not much more to be said haha.

Anyways, I am really happy. I am so blessed to have you as my family and friends. You rock. Like a lot. And I love you. <3

Love,
Elder Kent (SUPERMAN) the younger and what not :)

No comments:

Post a Comment