Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Last week was a mess up. I ended up taking way too much time writing Aussie an email and lost track of time, so I didn't have time to write a full email to yall. So I apologize for being off track and not awesome...

Oh well. I got you this week so don't worry!!!! Kylie and Jake Hirschi both emailed me this week!!!! And it is awesome to still get letters from Tyler and Eirik. Kylie (Sister Hirschi) is companions with Bethany Brundage over in Portugal! How neat is that? That's pretty neat.

So I have began something new to help me get up more on time. As yall know I have struggled with that for years and years, so we have been setting 4 alarms starting 30 minutes before we are supposed to wake up so that I can get up by 6:30. Haha it isn't working anymore. I sleep through them now. I asked Elder Wood to tell me ridiculous things and stories in the morning, but that didn't work either. I have had entire conversations with him in the mornings while asleep in my bed. About the strangest things, so he tells me.

So, the solution I came up with is to have a theme for each day, and do something fun related to that theme as soon as the alarm goes off.
-Monday is Musical Monday. We wake up right at 6 and listen to music. I also danced to music for my workout today (Hilary Weeks!!!!!!!) and I'm wearing a musical tie (in my opinion).
-Tuesday is bluesday. I am going to color a blue picture and water our blue flowers and listen to blue ocean island music and wear a blue tie. Tuesday night we are making a fort in our front room and bringing our mattresses out there to sleep under it.
-Wednesday is District Day when we normally have meetings. So we will camp out and watch 'the district' missionary training videos in the morning. The entire district wears the same color tie.
-Thursday is still Purple thursday in honor of Heidi. I wear a purple tie, but we are coming up with races/obstacles and stuff to do that morning since Heidi is a runner.
-Friday is Game day. It always has been. We will play some sort of allowed spiritual game like charades of Book of Mormon stories haha, and wear either blue and silver or blue and red ties.
-Saturday is Super Saturday - we will make something super (like a craft) in the morning and be superheroes all day. I drew mascots for this. Pictures to come (I left my camera at home sorry).
-Sunday is Mormon Day. We wake up at 6 and listen to Mormon Tabernacle Choir and eat breakfast together. The other days of the week we don't have time to do that because we have to work out for 30 minutes but this will be great!!!

Sorry that was so long, but I think it's important to know that I can still have fun and figure out some way to be creative and solve problems haha.

In the last 3 weeks, we have lost 9 investigators to other interests. We have 3 right now. 2 are pretty heavy smokers, and one has disabling heart problems. Times are tough for the Apex investigators haha. We have also contacted 77 people in the last few weeks (we have kept track) and only one of them has become a new investigator. I can tell you that good things are coming pretty soon because we are being humbled and prepared for miracles haha. However, it is great to understand that these, our brothers and sisters, are all being taken care of by our Father. He knows them and has a plan for them too, even if it is not to join the Savior's fold quite yet. I know with all my heart that our Father has a plan for each one of us. He is good, He is intelligent, and above all He loves us more than we could ever believe. I am thankful every day for that.


I love you soooooooo much!!!!!!!!!
Love,
Elder Jeffy

No comments:

Post a Comment