Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Hi Mommy!

Thanks for the update on everything! I am glad that things are going well. I think it is interesting how it sometimes takes something significant (I guess it's significant) like a ward split to help us see our lives with different eyes. It seems to be that once we really feel like we are comfortable, we realize that what we should be more comfortable with is change. And I think there is no better explanation for what goes on during a mission than that - change. We are always changing how we do things, and the wards we serve in, the people we meet, the investigators we teach, people that move in and out, and everything just changes. I am coming to love it, because I have realized that the most important things in our lives never change - even with death, disease, or heartache - and that is: the support of our families and close friends, the sure hope of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and the love our Heavenly Father and Savior have for us.

As far as things out here, our investigators are doing great so far! We have two that seem to really be ready to progress, it is just hard to contact them because we don't have phone numbers for either of them and they just leave randomly. It is tough but hey, it is worth it when we do get to talk to them. Another is the son of a recent convert, who we found out was only scared of baptism because there were tons of people at his mom's baptism and that intimidated him. So we are having a smaller baptism for him in 2 Saturdays :) Other than them, our investigators are either hard to catch or not quite committed. In fact 2 wanted to Bible bash last time we met, so this week may be our last meeting with them. I don't know. We are pretty consistently finding 2 new investigators each week though, so hopefully some of them will be prepared!!!!!!!!!! We have a total of 12 people we are trying to work with right now, and more on the way haha. It should be fun.

And now a note just for you!!
I really love getting emails from you Mom, so thank you for so consistently writing me. I also want to say thank you for the example and expectations you set for me when I was younger. You have always been able to see a wider picture than I ever could, and it is probably still that way. I know that I have some work to do, but I will always be appreciative of how much you have helped me get to the point that I am at today. I think that every day gets a little bit better for me, and that is the perspective that I have gotten from your positive attitude and joyful heart. Keep being a great example, and I love you!!!!!!!!!

Love,
Elder Kent (Clark hehe)

No comments:

Post a Comment