Tuesday, June 3, 2014

You are the bestest. Some experiences from this week!!!!!

On Monday night, we had tons of places to go. We ended up biking about 10 miles or more that night... It was pretty crazy. And warm. Luckily we have the car this week! We have interviews with President tomorrow, so I will probably find out what is happening for transfers in two weeks! I think I will be going because I have been here a good while and am starting to figure it out. I also am having WAY TOO MUCH FUN with Elder J. I don't know if I said this already but he is a lot like Brad Beeston. Definitely more shy than Brad but the personalities and everything are very similar. So we just have a blast. We have a lot of things that we both say for no good reason except it's funny. Like inside jokes. But then we explain them to people so they can have fun too. Don't worry.

Tuesday we biked a ton too. That was closer to 20 miles. It doesn't seem like that much when you think I did 100 in one day, but man oh man. You try biking in a white shirt and tie, and LONG PANTS and dress shoes, and holding a bag, on a 3 year old mountain bike that really needs repair or something haha. It gets pretty crazy. That day we were way out in the boonies, and a man walked out of his house with a handgun out. So, we told him who we were and what we were doing and he said, "Oh yall are for Jesus? I'm wit you. I'm baptist." He wasn't interested but he didn't shoot us so that's nice.

Wednesday, I gave out an Arabic copy of the Book of Mormon to one of the workers at Panda Express (we were there for lunch and started talking to him). It's not every day you get to give out one of those! It just so happened that we had one at the apartment. I'm not exactly sure why we even had it really.

Friday was Elder James' birthday. It was a lot of fun! We got taken to a Chinese buffet for lunch (you would have thought it was my birthday!) and did a lot of service that day. We helped tighten every screw in the church building as an Elder's Quorum activity. The running joke in Elder's Quorum was trying to figure out a name for the activity. We'll leave that subject alone.

Overall we taught a bunch of lessons this week! 6 with a member and 5 other lessons! It was pretty awesome. And we found 3 new investigators. Not in our car though they were on the street and in their houses and what not.

If you work hard at what the Lord has commanded, he will bless you, but most likely it won't be in ways that you would expect.

Love,
Elder Clark the younger

No comments:

Post a Comment