Monday, June 23, 2014

This week has been really eventful! I got moved from Apex out to Chapel Hill 2nd ward. We have a really small area, but we cover the outer boundaries of 3 cities: Chapel Hill, Durham, and Carrboro. Most of UNC sports fields are in our area, and also the hospitals. The classrooms are right across the road of our boundary, but we have to go through main campus to get to the rest. So now, I am in a college town. Most of the people in the ward and around the area are college students or work in and around campus.

My new companion is Elder M, from south London. It is really fun to have a slight culture change from the typical Utah missionaries haha. So we are a pretty unique companionship as far as where we are from. Elder M is a rugby player too! We have a lot of fun together. I will try to send a picture of us.

Like I said, eventful week! Here are some of the highlights:

Monday I said bye to everyone and packed. We got a giant turtle from the thrift shop and I gave it to the Hs, our recent converts, because they told me I look like a turtle when I sing. Just a little something to remember me by haha.

Tuesday I came out to Chapel Hill and started to get settled!

Wednesday was super hot. It got up to 101 degrees and the humidity was really high because it rained in between sunshine... That normally wouldn't have been too bad but we had to bike 17 miles that day. Wow. Let's just say I got a little bit wet. Mostly from the rain. Just kidding it was all sweat. That was crazy. We got to see all of campus though, and I sang the whole bike ride through there. I have been trying to have more fun with our contacts, so I would say things like "Hey want to trade bikes?" and stuff like that.

Thursday we had dinner with a crazy awesome family with 8 kids. I got challenged to a push up competition by a 9 year old. She did 60 push ups without stopping! It was crazy. I matched her, but still I was really impressed.

Friday and Saturday mornings were spent clearing out about 300 square feet of thick NC jungle out of somebody's backyard. It was really intense because NC trees are THICK! There are so many little bushes and plants and trees and brush you wouldn't believe it! And we must have discovered 25 new species of bugs too. BUT we got poison ivy. It's still killing me!!!!!!!

The work here is about to take off! We are starting off from ground zero. We had no investigators when I got here. But we found 2 this week and are going to really get things going. I am excited! Here we go!

I love you so much!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for writing me.

Love,
Elder Clark the younger

No comments:

Post a Comment