Tuesday, July 29, 2014

I'll give you a sneak preview of what is going on in two weeks. My previous ward in Apex was completely overflowing with Mormons as you know (don't you remember those tiny details? Kyle probably did actually). Completely. So here is the lowdown. They are redrawing the boundaries of that ward and 2 others to create a new one. Elder M (my redcoat companion right now) is leaving me (I guess we got along too well) and going down there to open up the new ward. I will be staying up here at UNC and training a brand new missionary. Here's some things I know about the newbie already:

1. It's a boy!!!!!!! I won't train a girl no way.
2. He is at least 18 years old and graduated from high school
3. He is probably Mormon
4. He will be called my son
5. Yeeeaaaaahh...

I really don't know anything about him actually. I am excited to train though. To have a real son of my own. Especially because it will take me back to the basics of the gospel and missionary work. YEEHAWWWWWWWW

So last week we beat my mission biking record. We went 21 miles. White shirts and all. And what made it better was it was almost 100 degrees with 90% humidity. Awesome stuff. Let's just say we were wet. And it didn't rain and we aren't allowed to swim so you can rule those options right on out of there. We did a few hours of tracting this week and man oh man that was fun. We got told that we were illuminati by a lady, but then she asked for a Book of Mormon. What? Haha. I guess you can have it if you really want to.

Yesterday was really inspiring. I have been reading the Bible from start to finish and I am almost through Jeremiah. It's been really awesome to see all the stories I know in the perspective of the rest of the Bible instead of just out of context. Isaiah is purely amazing. It's got so many important things in there that I just want to go back and reread it again. But not yet I have to finish. Anyways what really inspired me yesterday are two scriptures I found in the new testament:

"But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ. For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God. So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God." Romans 14:10-12

"But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned." Matthew 12:36-37

That taught me a lot more about how judgment day is going to work and how the Plan of Salvation really works.

Thanks for listening and I will see yall next week on...
MISSION EMAILSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Peace (be unto you)
Elder Clark the younger

No comments:

Post a Comment