Monday, July 7, 2014

Lots of news this week. We are on fire I swear. It is so weird that as of last Thursday I have been out a year, and as of last Tuesday I only have a year left to go. (Oh mom by the way I hear that you aren't supposed to pick us up from the mission, and that you get a secret letter about that from President about at the year mark so that you don't try to set it up haha. You will have to let me know if that actually comes because I am interested what else it says)

It sounds like yall had a super fun week. It was tough to see Amy's birthday pass by on Facebook and not be able to message her or anything but HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMY! I'll be home for the next one don't worry. Thank you for all of the stories and pictures and videos you sent. It's really like I'm not missing anything because I feel like I'm right there every Monday when I check my email. Plus I kind of go into 'work mode' throughout the week where I hardly can remember anything from back home. It's kind of nice but weird too.

So this week.....
Monday we played some intense sand volleyball with a bunch of missionaries from the zone. It was tons of fun. Then we had one of the most powerful lessons on my mission so far. It was about the Doctrine of Christ (basically what he taught that we need to receive him - faith, repentance, baptism, the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end). This is the most personal lesson I have learned on my mission - everything is centered on those 5 things that our Savior taught. It is so simple, but it is a very deep thing too. There is nothing in the Gospel that doesn't have direct correlation to that.

Tuesday we helped out with 2 moves! The first was a member of the church, but the second we just saw them moving in and went to help out! It was really great to be able to serve because most people who are moving either hire somebody or want to do it themselves. These people are really humble though. We introduced them to some members and hopefully they will become good friends!

Wednesday we had an amazing zone conference with President there. It was really powerful. Afterwards we went on a blitz with our district leader: basically we split up and started to tract out an entire apartment complex. We got 3 lessons in about an hour between the companionships! It was tough because my whole mission that was only my second time that I have gone door to door (we haven't had to before!) but it was lots of fun and we talked to some really nice people.

Thursday was HUMP DAAAY!!!!! We did service allllllllll day. We cleaned up a section of highway in the morning, did some weeding for an older couple in the afternoon, and did some trench digging until late. That was tons of fun. I got to wear my "HUMP DAAAY!" camel shirt all day long. I didn't even take it off to go to bed because it was way too satisfying.

Friday was another blitz for the 4th! I met a midget from Iran who was really into conspiracy theories. He tried to show us a lot of things that are going on in the world. It was pretty crazy. Borderline scary even. Really nice man though. Kind of the opposite conversation to the one you would expect to have on Independence Day. It was more like Oppression Day. Then we had a 4th of July cookout (that's what they are called here - NOT a 'barbecue' because that's what you eat... southern logic...). After that we dressed up the Brit (Elder Mann) in a Murican outfit and gave him some apple pie and spam and took pictures. Good times.

The rest of the weekend was pretty normal. We met some really great people tracting yesterday. From our efforts this week (tracting and referrals) we have found a few new investigators! It is really exciting because like I said we had 0 when I got here, so we are getting things going!!!!!!!!!! I love this work. It's a lot of fun and brings a boat load of happiness and peace to me! It's great. I hope everyone feels like this sometimes.

I love you. Thank you so much for your prayers and support. I feel it bigtime out here. It really keeps me going and motivates me. Lots of love your way! A year isn't too long so treasure the time I am gone haha.

Love,
Elder Jeffy





No comments:

Post a Comment