Tuesday, September 2, 2014

One of the most incredible families I have met left this week. They are amazing. There are 8 kids and the ninth is on his way. They are really humble yet really exciting and crazy. I being on the goofier side fit in well with the younger kids haha. Them moving was a lot of our week because they needed to prepare a lot of things and didn't have much help (the kids are all under 16 and were gone most of the week) so we tore out their fence and moved their piano and their giant dressers and boxes and everything. (I am loving the workouts from all the moves lately I run everywhere and lift extra things and carry everything I can to try to make it more difficult and draining since I have the energy) (I am staying in not too bad shape actually) (They also had a bench and some weights they were getting rid of so we have those in our apartment now. Time to get yoked!)

Our investigator at UNC hospital got to go home this week! We are really excited for him because he has been in the hospital quite a while not being able to leave, but now he gets to go back and is really close to/excited for baptism!

Elder  S is doing great! It reminds me a lot of when I was first on my mission. It's pretty tough to be out here in the beginning! But he is really doing well for how little time I have to explain everything that's going on and how everything works. So I am proud of my boy. He has a hilarious half smile that he gives that makes him look a ton like Rick Moranis (I think that's who I am thinking of) (the one from Strange Brew) I sent a picture of it last week I think. It makes me laugh like crazy though.

We got to teach the youth about journal writing at church yesterday! It went really well actually. And it made me really realize the importance of writing in journals. We started out listing everyone's favorite stories from the scriptures and then made up scenarios where the prophets never recorded those things (common excuses people use today for not writing things down like they got lazy, or they didn't feel like they had anything to write, or they didn't care, or they weren't consistent and forgot that story, etc) and all of a sudden where are the scriptures? There would be nothing left if the prophets didn't write down what the Lord commanded them. So we are all commanded to do the same. Keep a history (spiritual and temporal) written down about our lives for our posterity. Here's a really good scripture we read yesterday:
"For I command all men, both in the east and in the west, and in the north, and in the south, and in the islands of the sea, that they shall write the words which I speak unto them; for out of the books which shall be written I will judge the world, every man according to their works, according to that which is written." -- 2 Nephi 29:11

So writing down the Lord's words personally to you is pretty important! It shows you care, helps you remember it, and is a good reference to look back on later in life or for your posterity. SO DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I <3 YOU

Elder Clark the younger

No comments:

Post a Comment