Thursday, January 22, 2015

I love Christmas! It's a lot of fun. Last year it was really relaxing. This year we are eating at Bishop's so that will be fun too! We get to help out this year with a bike donation organization that is donating over 1000 bikes to kids in need on Christmas morning. I don't remember if I said already that we are helping with that but we are haha. We are going to help Christmas eve night and start really early Christmas morning. So I might be just waking up from a nap when we skype.

Brief update on this week! I will try to be detailed. But I will be talking to you in 3 days anyways haha.

We had a Christmas zone conference on Tuesday and I got invited to sing with 3 groups that were just throwing songs together at the last minute so that we could fill all of the time we needed to for our zone. That was hilariously bad haha. We had 7 of us singing O Holy Night and everyone except me just sang the melody. All a cappella too. I had my companion record it so we could laugh at it later. So that was fun. Then we sang We Three Kings like 9 octaves too low and I realized while we were singing that I had no idea how the chorus actually went so I just kind of stood there and tried not to laugh. There was some good talent but luckily for us there were also a lot of people in the same situation as us so none of it sounded too good haha. It was just fun. Everyone laughing with everyone at everyone else and what not. We all sang the 12 days of Christmas led by our mission President at lunchtime, and I did a really interpretive dance to each of the 12 days. Only 2 people got decapitated but luckily we had duck tape.

My favorite food over the last few weeks has been onions to the point that I am starting to smell like onions. We even made deep fried onion rings this week. That was potent. I feel bad for the poor sister that had to sit next to me in the meetings that day but she never complained. Maybe her nose doesn't work. I forgot to ask her.

I think that the thing I have loved most about being on a mission this Christmas season is the 'He is the Gift' video!!!! I hope yall have seen it and shared it quite a bit because we have and it has been super successful. It softens everyone's hearts and reminds them why this season is really important. I am so happy to have the peace of the Atonement in my life. Jesus Christ has done all and more for me and I am happy because of Him. Everything good in my life I attribute to Him. Which is everything because all is really great in my life. It's humbling. I love my Savior.

Excited to see yall in a couple days!!!!!!

Love,
Elder Jefftoe

No comments:

Post a Comment