Sunday, December 14, 2014

Just a quick note on some Southernisms:

It's not 'Chapel Hill' it's 'Chapahill'
It's not 'frying oil' it's 'frynol'
It's not 'press that button right there' it's 'mash-at buttnair'
It's not 'man there's a lot of trees' it's 'mayonnaise lotta trees'

Just wanted to clarify so yall know what it's like livin out here.

This week! Was interesting. I think I will still spare you the rant about Chapel Hill. I'll just say that it's a lovely place and the ward is awesome! It's kind of interesting moving onto new things. Tomorrow will be fun! We get to go to a transfer meeting and I will find out from there where I am off to. I don't have any idea where I am going. Just not Chapel Hill 2nd is all I know.

So the interesting things! We took a tour of UNC with the women's soccer coach from UNC! He is pretty awesome. He showed us the football stadium and all of the sports museums and recruiting videos they use, and also all the interesting buildings and statues and art stuff. It was a lot of fun.

And thanksgiving! In the morning we pitched in with some other Elders and made a HUGE brunch. I bought 3 lbs of bacon that we cooked up and we had a dozen eggs scrambled with onions and peppers, french toast made from a loaf of Texas toast, and 2 large potatoes worth of hash browns. It was probably the best breakfast I have ever had. Pictures to come! Later we went to our Bishop's house with a couple other families and had a great spread of thanksgiving food. My favorite always seems to be the sweet potatoes. I could eat those at least weekly year round. I got to play a lot of guitar and piano (it's for fun) and started to learn some Christmas songs that day too. Oh yeah and the Adam Sandler turkey song. That was fun. That night we got together with some other Elders and we wrote a song that would be sung/rapped after dinner with a member family. It is really good haha. I wish it was a smaller file then I could send it to yall. Oh well.

The rest of this week we have had a ton to do! We taught 11 lessons still but most of what we were doing was packing and clearing out the apartment. We had to get rid of all of the food that has piled up from years of missionaries and all the clutter in the storage closet where departing missionaries stored their junk that they can't fit in their bags... This morning was probably my favorite though. We had a weight bench that was given to us from the Haniford's when they moved out a few months ago, and we had to fit that in our tiny little corolla to take to the other Chapel Hill Elders haha. That was a trip. I wish I had it on video but we just took pictures afterwards. It barely fit in by maneuvering it through the back side door. The entire drive over I was squished like no other. More of that to come! We have a lot to do. I packed all of my stuff up last night. It took about 45 minutes. I am getting good at that. Last time was an hour.

I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment