Sunday, December 14, 2014

So somehow yall found out the same time I did that I was going to be a district leader in Pinehurst! It is exciting but somewhat intimidating too to lead a district. Our ward has us, Elder Conteh and I (he is also from England! he is awesome), a set of sisters, and a set of spanish elders.

I love the Pinehurst ward so far! They are really great. So what we did this week:

Monday took a tour of Duke!!! Got to explore the gardens and the Chapel! It was so awesome.

Tuesday we got stuck at transfers!!! All I knew was that I was going to Pinehurst and so I went around looking for where to go and when everything thinned out I found out I was supposed to drive a new car out to Pinehurst with 2 other missionaries. We barely fit our stuff in the car. Like both of them covered themselves in stuff on their laps while I drove. It was a missionary squeeze as they say.

Wednesday was crazy. Tons of traffic for some reason. Then TACO BELL!!!! It has been over 6 months so I have really missed it. We got to contact 2 great people there too! Spent a while teaching there and handing out the He is the Gift cards. (Yall should see the video and share it and hand out the cards if you haven't!!!!!! It is really powerful)

Thursday I had 2 peanut butter and honey sandwiches. That was the highlight.

Friday we got to help fix up bikes for a "Project Santa" organization!!!!! That was awesome. They have collected almost 1000 bikes to donate to kids in need in exchange for food for a food pantry. It's really awesome. We are teaching a couple of volunteers from there too.

Saturday we tracted about all day and helped someone put up their Christmas lights!

Yesterday we had a local 'music missionary' from another church perform at the church before the Christmas devotional!!! That was really awesome. He was super good. Also some cider and eggnog.

So that was our week! I am really excited to be here in Pinehurst. Pictures on their way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO SEE:
christmas.mormon.org

No comments:

Post a Comment